- Department of Public Works
- Sanitation Schedule & Information
Sanitation Schedule & Information
For all service-related inquiries such as holiday schedules, extra pickups, toter replacement, missed pickups, acceptable recyclable materials listing, and all other general questions, please call 914-738-2015 Option 1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Village of Pelham Department of Public Works is responsible for managing garbage and recycling collection, as well as maintaining the Village’s infrastructure. Despite often working behind the scenes, the services provided by this department are essential to the daily lives of residents and visitors. We encourage everyone to read our guidelines and do their part to help keep the Village clean, safe, and beautiful.
Please note: There will be no collection from residences where snow and ice have not been cleared from access pathways or driveways or in locations that are obstructed by locked gates or garage doors, pets, private vehicles, or other such obstructions.
Residential and commercial services include the disposal of:
- Bulk metals
- Bulk trash
- Organic yard waste
- Recyclables (two groupings) paper/cardboard and cans/plastics (comingled)
- Residential food scraps drop-off site
General Sanitation Information Summarized
View the sanitation map (PDF).
The Village is divided into Areas A and B for the pick-up schedules:
- Area A: Pelville, Chester Park
- Area B: Pelham Heights, Pelhamwood
- Apartments/Commercial: Apartments and Homes on Fifth Avenue, Wolfs Lane, and Lincoln Avenue (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday Garbage Pick-up)
- Area A - Monday
- Area B - Tuesday
- Apartments/Commercial - Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
- Area A - Monday Twice a month ( See General Information for items Accepted)
- Area B - Tuesday Twice a month
- Apartments/Commercial - Every Wednesday (No bulk pickup for Commercial)
- Area A - Every Thursday (See General Information for Items Accepted)
- Area B - Every Friday
- Apartments/Commercial - Every Thursday (Commingled and Paper/Cardboard)
Organic Yard Waste
- Areas A and B (Village-Wide): Every Wednesday of the month (April 12th through October 11th except during holiday weeks when pickup occurs on Thursdays)
- Organic is defined as all grass clippings, flowers, leaves, brushes, small branches, and twigs must be put in either a biodegradable paper bag or an open 30-35 gallon container. All bags and containers must be placed curbside for pick up on specified days only.
- Areas A and B (Village-Wide) Spring and Fall Leaf Collection: Monday through Friday (March 15th through April 30th and October 15th through December 15th)
- Spring and Fall Leaf Collection: Loose leaves only, other organic yard waste must be bagged. All loose leaves are to be placed curbside between March 15th and April 30th and again between October 15th and December 15th. The DPW picks up every day and works their way around the Village picking up a section at a time on a revolving basis.
- Please note: Christmas trees are picked up at the curb from December 26th to January 31st. Trees must be bare of all ornaments, lights, and stands, no garlands, no wreaths. No organic pick-up between December 15th and March 15th, all items must be held.
Items not accepted with organic yard waste pickups:
- Large tree branches (larger than 3 feet in length)
- Tree stumps
Christmas trees are picked up at the curb from December 26th to January 31st. Trees must be bare of all ornaments, lights, and stands, with no garlands, and no wreaths.
- Every Tuesday and Thursday
Contact us at 914-738-2015 or email@example.com 9:00 a.m. through 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, with questions regarding proper disposal and collection procedures.
Please also note: The Village of Pelham strives to ensure access to its programs, including Sanitation, in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Any resident requiring ADA accommodation should contact us at 914-738-2015 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2023 Holidays - No Collections
Normal collection procedures may be changed if they conflict with scheduled holidays.
- Martin Luther King Jr. - Monday, January 16, 2023
- Presidents Day - Monday, February 20, 2023
- Good Friday – Friday, April 7, 2023
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 29, 2023
- Fourth of July - Tuesday, July 4, 2023
- Labor Day - Monday, September 4, 2023
- Columbus Day - Monday, October 9, 2023
- Election Day – Tuesday, November 7, 2023
- Veteran’s Day – Friday, November 10, 2023
- Thanksgiving Day - Thursday, November 23, 2023
- Thanksgiving Friday – Friday, November 24, 2023
- Christmas Day – Monday, December 25, 2023