Village Administrator / Treasurer
The Village Board of Trustees, on January 15, 1979, approved legislation creating the position of Village Administrator in the Village of Pelham. The Village Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day operation of Village affairs and the Mayor and Village Board of Trustees are responsible for developing Village policy. The Village Administrator is responsible for implementing Village policy once adopted by the Village Board of Trustees. Appointed by and serving under the direction of the Mayor and Village Board of Trustees.
Pursuant to Chapter 2 of the Village Code of the Village of Pelham the responsibilities of the Village Administrator include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee the enforcement of the rules, regulations, ordinances, local laws, and codes of the village so that they are administered efficiently and impartially.
- Oversee and coordinate personnel practices and the work of all village employees, including the maintenance of personnel files, comparative wage and salary plans, safety programs, and in-service training programs for both incoming and veteran employees, with emphasis on incentives and employee effectiveness, and shall consult on the recruitment and employment of key administrative employees.
- Prepare, as budget officer, when so designated by the Mayor, the annual operating budget according to law, and, when directed by the Village Board of Trustees, prepare a capital projects budget.
- Be responsible for the preparation of all bid specifications and act as the purchasing agent for all village offices, departments, boards, and commissions.
- Supervise and control all encumbrances, expenditures, and disbursements, including the auditing of all vouchers, to ensure that budget appropriations are not exceeded.
- Keep the Village Board of Trustees and appropriate village officials advised of pending federal, state, and county legislation and of the availability of any applicable grants-in-aid from higher levels of government.
- Keep the Village Board of Trustees fully informed as to the village's financial condition and future monetary needs for operational and capital project purposes.
- Attend all meetings of the Village Board of Trustees unless excused by the Mayor, with the right to take part in any discussion but having no vote.
- Consult with appropriate village officers and employees in the preparation of any resolutions, ordinances, or local laws for the consideration of the Village Board of Trustees.
- Recommend to the Village Board of Trustees for the adoption of such measures as the Village Administrator may deem necessary or expedient for the improvement of administrative services through greater productivity and economy.
- Keep the village residents fully informed of the Village Board policies, procedures, and plans for the delivery of services and for capital projects and expeditiously respond to all inquiries of village residents.
- Perform such other duties as may be required by resolution of the Village Board of Trustees.
Christopher ScelzaVillage Administrator/TreasurerPhone: 914-738-7514
Kieya GlazeDeputy Village TreasurerPhone: 914-738-2046
Village Administrator / TreasurerPhysical Address
195 Sparks Avenue
Pelham, NY 10803
195 Sparks Avenue Pelham NY 10803
Phone: 914-738-2015Fax: 914-738-7381
Monday through Friday
9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Summer Hours Effective Memorial Day to Labor Day
Monday through Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.