Projects that Require a Permit Application

Please contact the Building Department with any questions regarding permits as this is not a comprehensive list:

  •  All interior alterations (Kitchens, Bathrooms, etc.)
  • Moving any wall or partition (Requires Architects drawings and Structural Certification)
  • Damage repairs (Damage from Fire, Water, etc.)
  • Repairs and/or Replacement to Plumbing (Water and Gas)
  • Repairs and/or Replacements to the Electrical System
  • Repairs, Replacement and/or Installation of a Central Air Conditioning Unit
  • Installation and/or Removal of any fuel tank above or below ground (Fuel Oil, etc.)
  • Street and Sidewalk Openings and Repairs
  • Swimming Pool and Hot Tub Installation (Requires permits from Building Dept. and a Special Permit from the Zoning Board)
  • Any Additions to buildings, including wooden decks, and/or the enlargement of a structure
  • New Construction of Primary and Accessory Structures (Residential, Commercial, Sheds, Garages, etc.)
  • Alterations of Non-Residential Property (Requires site plan approval and application of intent to develop)
  • Alterations of Residential Property (Main building or accessory building, conversions and enlargements)
  • Installation and/or Removal of Fuel Burning Devices (Oil Burner, Gas Burner, Wood Stove, Boilers, etc.)
  • Installation of a new fence (Replacement or repairs of section of existing fences do not require a permit as long as there is a permit on file for the original fence)
  • Structurally damaged roofs and replacement roofs.
  • Window installation and replacement.